"Notice of Regular Meeting Time Change."
SEFD's Board of Directors voted to change the time of the Regular monthly meetings from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. effective immediately.
The day of the meeting will remain the 4th Monday of each month.
TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1
Sonoita-Elgin Fire District is now accepting applications – internal & external – for a total of three positions to include:
(1) Captain (FF/EMT minimum)
(2) Firefighter/EMS (EMT or Paramedic)
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements to test:
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Arizona Firefighter 1 & 2 or Equivalent
- Valid Arizona/National Registry EMT or Paramedic Cert
- NWCG Firefighter Type-2; Eng. Boss preferred.
– Salaries range from $35,952 – $46,542
– Sonoita-Elgin works a 48-96 schedule
– $400 per month paid toward Employees Health Insurance
– Clothing allowance
Applications need to be turned to the Administrative Office in by 4 p.m. on August 15, 2019 – Applications must be hand-delivered to Katie Goodwin.
Testing dates to be announced
“Welcome to the Sonoita-Elgin Fire District “Opportunities” page. As Chief of SEFD, I am committed to providing the most effective and efficient fire, rescue, and EMS service for our community. Participation in our organization will bring personal rewards and provide you with a tremendous sense of accomplishment, and pride for a job well done. You’ll become part of a valuable service that has the potential to touch us all. However, service requires a serious commitment. Your decision to join our organization should not be made in haste.”