Sonoita-Elgin Fire District, a dynamic combination department in SE Arizona, invites applications from internal and external candidates for the following position:
Applications are available at the station, via email ([email protected]) or may be obtained on this page.
Completed applications may be returned in person to the station or sent via email (PDF format only) to: [email protected] or completed via Indeed.com
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Current CPR (BLS/HCP, ACLS, PALS)
- AZ PM certification
- AZ FF 1 and 2 (or equivalent)
- NWCG Firefighter II (or higher)
- NREMT current
All candidates must be able to complete an in person (video mtg acceptable) interview, in person physical agility test and Fire and EMS assessments. Candidates not currently possessing AZ FF 1 and 2 (or equivalent) status will be required to obtain it within 18 months of initial employment.
Compensation and Benefits (partial list)-
- Annual salary approx. $45,318 base plus overtime opportunities and wildland assignments
- Annual clothing allowance
- Participation in PSPRS
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage (SEFD contributes up to $400 monthly)
Interviews and testing to be conducted September 2022. Anticipated start date is October 2022. Eligible candidates not selected for the position will be kept on an eligibility list until December 2022.
Questions? Contact Marc Meredith, Fire Chief ( [email protected] ) or 520-455-585