Sonoita-Elgin Fire District is now accepting applications – internal & external – for a total of three positions to include:
(1) Captain (FF/EMT minimum)
(2) Firefighter/EMS (EMT or Paramedic)
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements to test:
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Arizona Firefighter 1 & 2 or Equivalent
- Valid Arizona/National Registry EMT or Paramedic Cert
- NWCG Firefighter Type-2; Eng. Boss preferred.
– Salaries range from $35,952 – $46,542
– Sonoita-Elgin works a 48-96 schedule
– $400 per month paid toward Employees Health Insurance
– Clothing allowance
Applications need to be turned to the Administrative Office in by 4 p.m. on August 15, 2019 – Applications must be hand-delivered to Katie Goodwin.
Testing dates to be announced
Please fill out, sign and return it to our Administrative Office by mail, fax, email or simply bring it by during business hours.
“Welcome to the Sonoita-Elgin Fire District “Opportunities” page. As Chief of SEFD, I am committed to providing the most effective and efficient fire, rescue, and EMS service for our community. Participation in our organization will bring personal rewards and provide you with a tremendous sense of accomplishment, and pride for a job well done. You’ll become part of a valuable service that has the potential to touch us all. However, service requires a serious commitment. Your decision to join our organization should not be made in haste.”